A.i for women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.i for women

ok fellas my girl is having trouble dropping her belly fat.
    thats the only place she is holding excess bf.
    she is roughly 154cm 52-54kgs.
    her diet is 100% on point , training could be better.
    she just consulted a pt wit pied knowledge and he reckons the reason she is holding excess fat around her belly is due to high estrogen levels.
    he has recommended she get bloods then if needed use an a.i to lower her estro.
    ive never heard of females using a.i before and it sounds dangerous to me.
    wat are your thoughts???

High cortisol levels can also cause body fat over the stomach region!

What’s supps/compounds is she using atm?

Comment

• Jd81
      Jd81 commented
      Editing a comment
      No supps at all mate.
      100% natty.
      She uses some vitamins.

Get the blood test if you're going to make her take the AI but the PT reasoning is illogical. Excess estro wud not cause fat accumulation around the waist. It would go to legs, hips and butt instead. Her T/E ratio might be off but not in the way the PT has suggested. I'd guess more T than normal rather than excess E.

Comment

• Jd81
      Jd81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers mate, I'm not making her do anything, I'm very cautious to her using anything as I don't have knowledge regarding females and supps

Make sure you get Progesterone included when she does her blood test. Progesterone is a natural balancer for Estrogen levels. Low Progesterone can cause high Estrogen resulting in Estrogen dominance. Google Estrogen dominance and see if she has some of the symptoms. It's a very common in women. Bloodwork should be done around day 22 of her cycle as this should be when Progesterone is at, or nears it's highest point.

I would get onto imed to double check this info.

Comment

• Jd81
      Jd81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers mate , will do.
      Is there any other bloods you would suggest to get done???

this is all kinds of wrong. if she is natty which im guessing she is, she wont need A.i and is better off putting in the work to shed the fat. diet and training is the one thing. if diet is off you wont see results. if training is off you wont see results. best to get both on point and the results will come. the pt is an idiot if he is suggesting things without bloods.
    Being a powerlifter means never having to cut

Comment

• Jd81
      Jd81 commented
      Editing a comment
      100% natty.
      Her diet is spot on, her training could be more intense .
      The pt did say get bloods first but I'm sceptical about her using anything that will f$ck wit her hormones.

• Prospect
      Prospect commented
      Editing a comment
      Get bloods first but otherwise clowni13 is right. Diet and training must not be right otherwise body fat would be coming down.

imed wat bloods would you suggest for females to get done in regards to finding reasons for excess fat storage.
    she is 1.5 years post baby.

Comment

honestly, just shooting arrows in the dark trying to do it this way, could be thyroid or other issues. Just see the GP first. Feel free to order tests, but don't like to see people kind of waste money. the usual things are E2/FSH/LH/Progesterone/testosterone etc. But honestly doubt it will shed light on it.

some female body shapes have trouble dropping belly fat, as some with Hip fat also have trouble with those areas.
      Maybe her diet and training just needs to get more hard-core?? Especially diet. this is always the hardest. Feeling a little hungry all the time etc. It can get relentless and difficult for people.

Comment

My money would be on insulin resistance. It can cause accumulation of fat around the waist, which is unusual for a training female. And the fat around your missus waist can also cause IR itself. Dieting it off will help reduce IR. So they are connected in this way. GP shud check fasting glucose etc as part of a general checkup. I would start there. You can get a cheap/free blood glucose device from a pharmacy and check yourselves too. You say the diet is 100% on point but what does this mean? Is it IFYM? Track macros? Eat enough protein? Minimize processed foods? Eat enough fibre? etc. Might want to give more details just in case there is room for improvement/
        Last edited by z0rn; 09-11-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a typical clueless 'PT' joker.

Only thing, any woman, ever, needs is a teeny bit of Growth.

Would never ever run an AI on an estrogen dominant female.

Diet changes (any intolerances) fasting, and things like salt / sodium / water retention are probably enough changes to get that flab belly down.

Comment

• Prospect
            Prospect commented
            Editing a comment
            No Small dose Anavar ?

• ausdude
            ausdude commented
            Editing a comment
            Eh, not a fan. It's intended medical use - yes. But not recreational. Hormonal swings make women very VERY moody and irritable in my experience. Not worth what little gains it will give.

The amount of times I hear of a diet being "on point" blows me away. If her diet was on point, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Different bodies respond to different nutrition and training protocols. You can have 2 women with identical stats (age, height, weight, body fat) and I guarantee taking the same fat loss approach with each of them would be an epic failure. There are so many variables which need to be considered, and a plan can be put together through logical process of elimination. Whether somebody is using supps or not, diet and training should always be scrutinised first if the desired results aren't being achieved.

Max

Comment

• Hesko
            Hesko commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said 👍

Ok let me clarify " he diet is on point"and give a little background.
          stats- 154cm, 52-54kgs ,38yo.
          was a gymnast wit no body fat , 2 kids latter carries a little in back /bum/thighs . Mostly in lower belly.
          she counts cals . Currently consumes 1300cals a day.
          no carbs after 4pm. Bed time is 10pm ish
          currently sticking to a plan 6 out of 7 days.
          sunday is a day where she will have some wine pizza for dinner etc... nothing too horrendous .
          usual meal plan looks like this
          breaky -some type of protein balls made up of oats honey protein powder . 1 banana or apple
          snack - chobani yoghurt
          lunch- some type of salad
          dinner- grilled fish or chicken wit salad or vegies.
          Liquid- 1.5-2lts water a day,1glass pineapple juice wit greens powder and no soft drink
          not sure on her portion sizes but they don't look big.
          just about to start using a thermo product from reset nutrition.
          Last edited by Jd81; 09-11-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Prospect
            Prospect commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel the problem is people aren’t specific enough about there goals and don’t commit to them. I also think they think they’re eating right because it’s clean and the proportions aren’t outragous. The same can be said about people who say they train hard. I thought I trained hard then I made a friend in the UK while I was there and **** me I was barely training in comparison.

Once someone shows you what’s needed in both diet and training the results follow, it’s as simple as that.

• Lozza
            Lozza commented
            Editing a comment
            Jumping on with everyone else here, at her size 1300 May only be a deficit of 100-200 calories. A glass of red is over 100 calories, a slice of supreme from dominos on classic is around 152 cals. So 4 slices of pizza and 2 glasses of wine can easily exceed her weekly calorie defect.

She should do a few weeks without a cheat day to get an accurate measurement of what her actual defecit is and when she knows that then she can add in cheat calories on the Sunday.

Dont agree with the other guys saying not enough protein or eat more. Without seeing her actual daily menu and the macro breakdown those are all just assumptions.

• Prospect
            Prospect commented
            Editing a comment
            Lozza yeah they are assumptions. They will always be assumptions unless you’re there in person watching them train and weigh it out in front of you. Her “sample” diet is in the comment thread we are commenting on. There is no was she’s having 1.5g / lb body weight with the sample.

Completely agree that the Sunday’s are what’s stopping more progress and that a test is needed to get more info on where to go from here.

I would use Anavar for sure. Her diet sounds fine, if it’s just that stubborn lower belly podge (the hardest area to move for a female) id also lay off dairy and soy products. Soy has estrogen-like effects in the body, which contribute to bloating there also.

Comment

Working...
          X