To the attention of Sydney users - Current or Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the attention of Sydney users - Current or Past

What have steroids done to your reproductive and cardiac health?

Andrology Department at Concord Repatriation General Hospital is recruiting for a study to help answer these questions. We will provide you the results and will not cost anything to take part!

The study is for men aged 18 to 50 years, exercising regularly (at least 3 times/week), currently using androgens or used in the past.

The study requires you to have blood, urine and semen analysis (semen sample produced by masturbation in our collection room near the lab), ultrasound of testes (to assess testicular volume), body composition scan (looking at fat and muscle mass) and cardiac function tests (ECG, Echo and CT calcium score). All the information collected remains confidential.

Click here for more details https://goo.gl/forms/drlxt3tGyCxv9ros1
    OR call us on 02 9767 7222 OR Email us on androgens.study@anzac.edu.au

This study has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee - CRGH of the Sydney Local Health District
    Last edited by Androgens Study; 02-14-2018, 08:58 AM.

The study is for men aged 18 to 50 years, exercising regularly (at least 3 times/week), using androgens or used in the past (last use more than 3 months ago).

😂 I don’t think you will find many brothers that fit the 3 month layoff criteria😂

Comment

• Mick1984
      Mick1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. Definitely agree.

• Androgens Study
      Androgens Study commented
      Editing a comment
      there is 'OR' in between the 2 words, meaning to say current user or a past user.
      Past user is defined as last use > 3 months ago.
      Current users most welcome.
      The 3 groups of men for comparison are current users, past users and non-users.
      Hope that clarifies

Hahaha it will be rare

Comment

• Androgens Study
      Editing a comment
      there is 'OR' in between the 2 words, meaning to say current user or a past user.
      Hope that clarifies

No androgens for 3 months .. That means anyone using kryptos blends is eligible hahaha

Comment

• Androgens Study
      Editing a comment
      Hope that clarifies

A good offer .Would be similar to a $1200 executive medical .The cardiac Echo a good thing. If any fellas not used for 3 months and can be bothered getting to Concord Hosp in Syd . A good thing I reckon .

Comment

• Androgens Study
      Editing a comment
      You don't have to have stopped for 3 months for the study, that is how we've defined a past user.
      If you are a current user, you are most welcome

I think you guys might be reading wrong....it is using now or have used within past 3 months.....that's how I read it anyway

Comment

• Androgens Study
      Editing a comment
      You are absolutely right!

Hello everyone, I have now edited the post and removed the 3 month bit for past users to avoid confusion. Get in touch with us anyway if interested and we can discuss. Thanks for your interest!

Comment

• CV3
      CV3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will we be getting our results back from the tests for our own use?

• Androgens Study
      Editing a comment
      You do get results of full blood count, kidney and liver tests, body composition scan, ECG, ECHO and CT calcium score.
      The hormone levels are for lab use and will not be released.

It would be more appealing if you could confirm if participants of the study would receive their testing results.

Comment

• Androgens Study
      Editing a comment
      You do get results of full blood count, kidney and liver tests, body composition scan, ECG, ECHO and CT calcium score.
      The hormone levels are for lab use and will not be released.

I just gave my details. I was part of a similar study last year.

Comment

• Androgens Study
      Editing a comment
      Great, thank you! One of our staff will be in touch with you soon.

Ok im calling today. Im all swriousness this is a great offer

Comment

Androgens Study
      would someone on trt be condidered a current user because their natural testosterone production is suppressed ?

Comment

• Androgens Study
        Editing a comment
        Not considered if you are medically prescribed testosterone.
        The study is aimed at men using non prescribed androgens.

Shame they can't release all pathology to the participants. Nevertheless it is a useful and good exam to get done. I keep meaning to get a stress echo, Or at least an echo done.

To Androgen Study. I think you will get a better uptake if you supply the other pathology tests. If they can release FBC and biochem then just as easy to include any androgen/hormone results .
      Anyway, just my 2c .
      Last edited by imed; 02-14-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Androgens Study
        Editing a comment
        The hormones are being assayed in a research lab, not a hospital/pathology lab accredited to give out results, hence the barrier.

Ahh, fair enough.. thought was unusual to not give all results.
      You will probably become a long term Member of this forum as I have now become Lol
      Last edited by imed; 02-14-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X