This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating the optimal anabolic environment for maximal hypertrophy

Hey guys I wanted to start this thread for educational purposes. By knows means am I a self-proclaimed "guru" but I do have an extensive background in nutrition, bio mechanics and fairly good knowledge basis in regards to cycle protocols. There is a lot of talk on the forum about "steroid cycles and steroid profiles” but not a lot is mentioned about a few other variables far more important that I will go into detail within this post.

I will break this series down into 2-3 posts as the detail can be quite in depth. Today “NUTRITION”
    In order to create the optimal anabolic environment 4 key main variables are required with a percentage showing the importance of each variable.
    1/ Nutrition – 40%
    2/ Training – 40%
    3/ Sleep – 10%
    4/ Supplementation 10%
    So let me break down each variable into detail…..

1/ Nutrition – 40%

Now this is something I guarantee everyone can admit they can improve, either from a knowledge basis or from just being a bit lazy on the diet. Simply put if you choose not to track your caloric intake you are disadvantaging yourself. If you eat out of intuition it is ok…but long term is not a viable option if you are seeking constant progression. My recommendation you are going to eat your food….. just weigh it out. Rules of thumb on how to set up your macronutrient split

-Protein 1.5-2g x your bw in pounds while in a body recomposition faze or in a caloric surplus. In a calorie deficit you can go as low as 1 x your bw in pounds and still not atrophy. Understand that protein synthesis also occurs through carbohydrates too not just protein. You do not need any more then 2x your bw in pounds that is simply putting strain on your digestive tract and will slow your gastric emptying (the ability to digest, absorb and transport food from the small intestine) the faster the better.

- Carbohydrates------------ATP (energy) what facilitates our workouts make up the last part of the equation. (Won’t go into fibre in this post). So you are trying to work out your caloric maintenance you have the first 2 equations now simply add in the remaining macro-nutrient and you have your carbohydrate starting point.
    80kg male maintenance is 2,500 calories
    Protein is at 270g = 1080 calories
    Fats is at 80g = 720 calories
    Carbohydrates 175g calories………. (2500-1080-720=175g)
    This is assuming his level of activity is moderate throughout the day just an example.
    What creates the anabolic affect?…………INSULIN SENSITIVITY.
    How do we create insulin sensitivity?
    • Have a low body fat percentage is a great start.
    • Carb cycling….On leg day take in more carbs then arms day. Let’s say you consume 2,100 grams of carbs a week (300g a day if you ate the same each day) and train 5 days a week. Consume more carbs dependant on what you are training. Larger muscle groups more carbs, small muscle groups less carbs. As long you are hitting that 2,100 grams a week after the 7th day. What we are doing here is improving insulin sensitivity.
    • Eat foods and spices that create insulin sensitivity. Apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, turmeric, fermented foods such as saukercraut and kim chi, bone broth.
    • Time the majority of your carbohydrates around training, pre, intr and postworkout to maximize them efficiently (very important)
    • Make sure you earn your carbohydrates, train the house down. Utilize them….

-Fat 1g x bw in kg. Important for the balance of hormones. For example the absorption of fat soluble vitamins. Unless you are in a heavy caloric deficit, keep fats close to your bw in kg. What happens when let’s say an 80kg man is eating 20-30g fat a day??? Fatigue, Low libido or nonexistent, poor brain function. Time the majority of your fats in the morning and before bed unless you have a unusual schedule message me and I will happily help you for optimal body composition.

*1kg = 2.2 pound*

That is part 1……stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3
    Last edited by Hrvtska; 03-07-2018, 06:59 PM.

[QUOTE=Qld;n120743]Itstime so now I gotta convert pounds to kilograms and back to grams.....do I look like I smart, hint no.

It seems that you may be able to spell and use a mobile telephone to access the internet possibly even a computer take the next step and use a converter

mmmm roo meat

Comment

• Hrvtska
      Hrvtska commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can't convert pounds to kg and so fourth I would be very concerned. If all you get out of a informative post is negativity in regards to decimal places and units of measure rather then good information....I am sorry to disappoint you

Qld that’s your problem mate, stop giving the good **** to the dogs and eat it yourself

500 grams raw roo roughly 100gm protein.

Comment

They full of worms bro + no fat for energy.

Comment

• Itstime
        Itstime commented
        Editing a comment
        ***k the dnp....Worms could be good for cutting....sponsors might have to get onto that one

Good info man, very helpful for people who aren’t too clued in on diet

Comment

• Hrvtska
        Hrvtska commented
        Editing a comment
        Thankyou mate, I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully I am helping teach something that wasn't available to me 15 years ago

21000 grams =21 kgs . Surely your not eating 21kgs of carbs a week bro?

Comment

• Hrvtska
        Hrvtska commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed thankyou

Nice info bro , thank you for taking the time to post

Comment

• Hrvtska
        Hrvtska commented
        Editing a comment
        Your welcome stay tuned for Part 2 and 3

PVIP is this any good for a rebound off dnp or too basic?
      I just done 27 days of dnp 400mgs and lost 7.5kgs.
      I am now 100kgs 6'3" bodyfat 15% and im using slin and anadrol for maybe 2 weeks then going back on dnp with keto at 2400 calories
      Last edited by Daveblacktown; 04-07-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Hrvtska
        Hrvtska commented
        Editing a comment
        Brainstem Yes there is a anabolic effect after DNP. I'll try to keep this short. Our bodies primary fuel source is the glycolysis pathway. Breaking down carbohydrates to facilitate us with ATP. When you ingest DNP our bodies then change there primary fuel source too the KREBS cycle. Our fat stores then become the main energy source. Hence the crazy amount of weight people lose on DNP.
        So once DNP has ceased, the body reverts back to the glycolysis pathway and an overcompensation process occurs. Insulin sensitivity is heightened and this contributes greatly to the anabolic affect.

Pro bodybuilders use DNP to its greatest potential by combining AAS, DNP and then follow DNP with Insulin and GH to facilitate maximal hypertrophy. Hope this answered your question

• Brainstem
        Brainstem commented
        Editing a comment
        Hrvtska it doesn't really make it clear to me beyond the same glycogen depletion experienced on a keto diet. Obviously DNP magnifies this.

But unless you're a pro bodybuilder with an enormous bulk of muscle to spare pre-comp, it is stupid to pretend there's an "anabolic rebound" on DNP. It's nothing like that at all, and idiotic for someone weighing 80kg to pursue.

• Hrvtska
        Hrvtska commented
        Editing a comment
        Brainstem Lets not go down the 80kg pathway here lol. I can't provide you literature as it simply doesn't exist....just lab rats.
        I have seen it first hand what the combination of all 4 can do synergistically. I compete... and understand the depletion stage of prep and "growth window" post comp.
        I agree it can't really be achieved by the average Joe. But a cycle such as

-DNP and AAS 4 weeks
        -AAS and Insulin (long and short acting insulin combined if your a crazy farker) combined followed by a DNP break after 6 weeks followed by AAS, Insulin and GH for 'x' amount of time is the grand daddy of how these guys are growing so big....DNP is a massive contributor in all of this.

DNP has a large range of internal pathways....not just insulin sensitivity and reduction of adipose
        Last edited by Hrvtska; 23-07-2018, 08:38 AM.

Brilliant post mate. Looking forward to parts 2 and 3

Comment

• Hrvtska
        Hrvtska commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers mate

Daveblacktown

not trying to derail or turn this into dnp thread

im no expert i just used a small dose, 200-400mg 10 days

main purpose is obviously fat loss, any insulin sensitivity is a secondary effect theres safer things to take / do if you want to re sensitise

all i can say is dont rebound too quickly or you could potentially hurt yourself, you'll still be gaining very well as you slowly add carbs in... i had a lot of high gi sugar at the end of my dnp cycle, but didnt go too crazy too fast after that

Comment

• Daveblacktown
        Daveblacktown commented
        Editing a comment
        I ran dnp at 400 also but went for 27 days. Ive had 2 days of high carbs ~800 g with 160 of that sugars (maltodextrin and lactose) with 10iu of humalog 4 times a day and i can see the difference in the mirror already (filled out and look defined)

Subbed for the rest of this thread

Comment

Spot on man enjoy reading your posts, keep them coming

Comment

Hrvtska

Thoughts on intra workout carbs, and the timing and contents of the post workout meal if you do drink carbs?

and the macros post workout meal? Can I combine carbs and fats post workout or will this store fat, palumbo recently said it’s a myth and that you can combine carbs, fats post workout

Comment

• Hrvtska
            Hrvtska commented
            Editing a comment
            Good question mate. Depends on a few factors.....
            In regards to Intra-workout carbs (pointless in my opinion unless your using insulin pre-workout with a combination of creatine monohydrate).
            In any other situation the body has the ability to use all pathways available to restore glycogen. So timing doesn't really matter more so hitting your total macros for the day.

*However recent literature does suggest that a combination of WPI and Carbohydrates does increase protein synthesis when combined together following resistance training*

My beliefs.... and from experience with myself and clients are... consuming high fat, moderate protein and low carbs in the morning and before bed (primes the body for fat loss). The Peri window is where the majority of carbohydrates should be consumed...around 60%. The body doesn't respond well to high fat and high carbohydrates in the same meal.

Hope this answers your questions.

Hrvtska yes thanks mate good answers i write heaps of this stuff down

on a high carb day my calories are quite high and i have a hard time fitting those carbs into an eating window that doesnt include breakfast and before bed, my BMR suggests i consume over 3000 cals for maintenance i would like to just eat train and sleep but im on the feet all day working usually.

while im at work religiously im eating 1.5 raw cups worth of rice every day over 3 meals for months now (and more carbs before and after work), with a lean meat each meal usually lean mince, fish or steak, i put a quick drissle of macadamia oil and salt over the rice when i pack it for the day.

you only suggest WPI? do you like any of those hydrolysates(collagen or whey) or amino based proteins like that new non dairy future whey from bulknutrients. For a long time before bed i used a calcium caseinate religiously, i feel it makes me wake up with a nice tight stomach and muscles feeling good. right now before bed im smashing a protein mixed with mac oil

Comment

• Hrvtska
            Hrvtska commented
            Editing a comment
            PM'd you mate

Info is 100% spot on but I think the ratios of importance vary from individual to individual. For most I'd usually say diet is closer to 70-80% of it. I train the same year round year after year dont miss sessions always progress with strength but if my diet is off I look like crap. Genetic freaks can usually eat what they want if they are training well enough and taking tons of gear (these are the guys you dont want to copy). For me it's a little more complex, no gluten no dairy stick to easily digestible carbs etc but it depends how lean and big you really want to get.

Comment

Working...
          X