Greasy skin and pimples

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greasy skin and pimples

Im over the greasy skin and pimples , what gets rid of them ??? Any help ?

Accutane or doxycycline from the doctors might help. High dose of Vit B5 and Vit A, also daily scrubs with a good acne wash that has either benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Even a acne bar of soap works for some people.

Comment

I use IsoCol or Phisohex and I also go to the beach pretty much everyday and the sun and sea salt in the water help tremendously.

Comment

Understand what type of pimples/acne you have. Is it hormonal, is it cycstic, theres a range of treatments. If you want to get rid of it with a 85-90% success rate you will never get it again Accutane/Roaccutane is an amazing drug. Doxycycline is an antibiotic which kills the bacteria that causes pimples, however when you come off it more then likely it will return, washes that have benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can help surface acne/pimples. Taking high dosages of Vitamin A can also help as before Roaccutane/Accutane came out dermatologists use to recommend Vitamin A to acne patients.

If you have any questions about Accutane feel free to message me, I've used it on an off for over two years.

Comment

Wow alot of knowledge there guys thanks heaps

Comment

Yeah i think roaccutane is the best thing for it.

I used acnedren few years ago which worked well, not sure if they sell this in aus but

Comment

Accurate can come with some severe sides.
              so please do your research .

Comment

Originally posted by Jd81 View Post
                Accurate can come with some severe sides.
                so please do your research .
                Very true, best to get on accutane through a dermatologist as they can monitor all the possible sides.

Comment

I was prescribed Roaccutane in my early 20's by a dermatologist when I had zits that just wouldn't go away no matter what I tried, and it was a life saver for me.....that **** works 100%!!! I didn't suffer any of the side effects it gets a bad rap for. The Dr did run pretty regular blood tests on me for I think liver values.

Comment

Accutane at high dosages can definitely have a lot of side effects, however lots of recent studies suggest a low dose of Accutane long term with frequent blood tests to check liver enzymes, has had good success with little side effects.

Comment

Dr may give something like Minomycin a go first. A lot less hardcore than Accutane. Works for some, including myself. I go thru times with some breakouts on back. Summer seems better, prob the sun and swimming helps a bit.

Comment

Hey mate I have suffered acne my entire life both on and off steroids, I was taking doxycycline for years which does prevent the acne but as soon as you stop taking they pretty much come back straight away.
                        Two years ago I took accutane for almost a year as per dermatologists request, this resulted in the heavy acne going away but the sides were crazy. Dry lips and depression was the main two
                        Please note while using gear my head breaks out to the point I cannot have a haircut but I’ve recently come across nizoral and wash my hair and spots on back of neck it literally cleared up within the week
                        nizoral was a god send for me

Comment

Working...
                        X