Differences in training when off/on cycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in training when off/on cycle

Ok, first up: I searched and couldn't find anything on the forum which outlined the primary/key differences in training when off/on cycle.

There are so many different styles of training and many different ways people's bodies and muscle groups respond to training and recovery.

Is it possible to give an overview (detail is of course very welcome) that outlines how you should - in general - change your training style when going on cycle (let's choose a bulk for this and ignore cutting - although that would be great too).

So - in case I haven't made it so clear, when you're on a cycle, would you primarily increase total number of exercises and/or sets/target rep count/TUL? Or would you perhaps also, or instead, do same as off-cycle - but increase the training frequency due to improved rates of recovery?

Thanks and hopefully this isn't something people ask all the time (if so, I have NFI how I didn't find anything in searches).

a key difference will be fatigue management. Off cycle you won't recover as well as on cycle.
    Being a powerlifter means never having to cut

Comment

• RADiuM
      RADiuM commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, makes perfect sense. So how do you determine how well you're recovering, during a cycle - without trial and error, due to the fact that you'll finish the cycle in around 12-14 weeks - and obviously want to avoid wasted/unnecessary downtime/recovery time?

• RADiuM
      RADiuM commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh and thanks - forgetting my manners lol

• Clowni13
      Clowni13 commented
      Editing a comment
      it really is trial and error. after training for a while you will start to understand when you are starting to fry your system and thats when you need to deload for a week then hit it hard again. some people dont like to deload but your body will benefit from a mid cycle rest.

So, with respect to diet, rather than just up your calories (when bulking), does being on a cycle change the absorption/uptake of protein/carbs/fat (I believe so, with protein?) And does it change the way you would have your ratios? Sorry if I should actually start a new question under the diet section...

Comment

Working...
    X