Walking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking

What do people think about walking for weight loss? 2-3 hours per day, calories burnt, etc?

That's a long time to walk. But I guess I'm walking and climbing 8 hrs ED at work

Comment

Big tall guy walks past my place every day huge change in 6 months he wears the same singlet every time he started with a very large gut now the singlet looks like a dress on him

Comment

Interesting. An older guy walks for hours in my area, see him every day doing laps around the block for hours on end, he’s still perfectly round, looks like he’s about 18 months pregnant, but obviously the walking must be doing him some good health wise. I’d say walking would be good to help burn fat, particularly in fasted state, but diet will always have the biggest impact on weight loss

Comment

I find walking on incline on treadmill is best cardio for me

Comment

Cheers guys.
            I need to lose around 7kg in weight, so far my routine is to wake up, go for a walk, come back eat 2 bananas, and an apple, then I eat around 1pm a large meal, snack through to evening on fruit and nuts and have chicken and vegetables

Comment

• vagpoker
              vagpoker commented
              Editing a comment
              I walk all night 5 nights a week as a security guard and or bouncer. My legs n thighs are cut to ****. Seriously over developed compared to rest of body. Bulging almost unnaturally. People hav commented. I have opposite problem of most. Struggling to get upper body as developed as legs.

Honestly bro, I burn the most calories on a tread mill, something like 250 in 13ish minutes on 15 incline at walking speed, so I'd assume walking is fkn gr8 for weight loss

Comment

Seems like you might need to focus in on the diet a bit more.

NEAT is a pretty decent contributor to a good body composition, some well known trainers/gyms recommend minimum 10,000 step a day, this would not be included as cardio, its just incidental really.

Walking is good for general health and activity, but I wouldnt say the best for fat loss.

Comment

Sure , walking great if yiur my mums age

Comment

a fasted walk in the morning 30 mins and shorter walks after big meals throughout the day, at least 3 has always seemed to help speed up the metabolism and make me feel great

Comment

Walking should just be part of your daily routine and not count as cardio. That way you get the incremental gain of 30 minute walks over 365 days, which will yield results. For fat loss though I'd want my heart rate up. Sprints, jogging, or skipping are my favourites.

Comment

go out to the bush and do some hikes.. awesome adventure combined with exercise

Comment

• RoidStop.net
                        RoidStop.net commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nothing beats a 20km pack march in full kit hey, except I'd rather eat 300 less calories for the day hahaha

I do about 15-20km just while at work alone, definitely helps being more active I feel, can be a pain for me to then get my calories up lol

Comment

I walk all day .
                        it doesn’t do jack sh1t

Comment

Yeah walk and diet works , just how u do it , in my army days we go bush for a couple weeks walk for days full kit ration packs , weight loss not a problem lol 5-10kg pack walk 5-10km

Comment

Working...
                          X