X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench

Incline or flat first

Flat hits more overall

But decline has been proven to hit more fibres so if your looking to build a bigger chest don’t forget this.
    Dips are sick to.

Comment

You mean, sequence in a workout??

or which one ahould you focus on?

my chest was its biggest when I was flat benching lots of volume, since then I have done lots of dumbbell focused cycles and Incline focused.

The slight incline angle grew my upper a bit more, but has never been as big overall as when i was benching basic 3-5x5s with Amrap goals for progression each week.

Comment

• Cane Corso
        Cane Corso commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting - The flat bench that initially grew your chest you believe came from barbell benching in lieu of dumbbells / machines?

When you were predominantly flat barbell benching (if you did this) did you then add in dumbbell / machine work as accessories afterwards in the same workout?

In a workout

Comment

Mad I'm a gym poser now yeahhhh

Comment

I do all my volume sets on flat personally, incline as a additional exercise for the greater stretch and flex

Comment

incline personally

Comment

Incline barbell first always. Without question. Need to be fresh for the long range of motion. To failure on the last set.
              then I to a flat bench. Dumbells 2-3 working sets.

Personally. If I did flat first i wouldn't be able to hit the big weight on the incline. But if I do incline first it doesnt effect efficiency on the flat bench exercise.

Comment

I change it up, sometimes start with flat, sometimes with incline. Sometimes start with dumb bells and then go to flat, then incline and vice versa.

Comment

I stopped flat bench mabee 10 years ago, my shoulders were too dominant, long arms.

I do different variations/angles of incline and then throw in decline or weighted parallel dips.

My chest exploded once I stopped flat bench.

Comment

usually decline, flat, then incline gives me time to build a bit of warmth around the shoulders

Comment

I used to do flat dumbbell, incline dumbbell and machine presses to burn out in recent times have switched to barbell flat, machine flat and incline machine. My right shoulder is ****ed so powerlifting style flat barbell bench is the only proper compound movement I can get away with. Anything over 40kg dumbbells for flat bench brings on excruciating pain and I'm not keen on getting cut open...

Comment

Incline barbell first, then incline dumbbell (low incline) with partials to full reps, then flat bench with Swiss Bar (alternating grips), then smash it with anything else - heavy pec deck, dips, cables. ****ty shoulders respond well if you do high rep reverse pec deck between chest sets (reciprocal inhibition).

Comment

Working...
                        X